February 19, 2011

padan muka


seriously, serve me right.

once upon a time, i used to inwardly laugh and wonder at those who suffers from insomnia. seriously, how hard can it be to fall asleep?

once upon a time also, i could fall asleep under 30 minutes after i put my head on the pillows.

lately, it is getting longer, and worse, i find myself unable to sleep at all. and to make things complicated, my whole body is actually tired and wants to sleep.

for example; i slept at 130am last night. i was tossing around until 3am before i finally fall asleep. and woke up at 430am. because of those damned blood sucker called mosquitoes.

at first i tried to ignore them. but it got really bad, i was cursing and got up and started searching for my long forgotten electric mosquito repellant. i made quite some noise despite my best effort to remain quiet, as it is a devastating task to locate an item you can't remember where you last seen them. after 10 minutes of going up and down from my chair, i found them and put them to work.

and then the next problem. again, to face the insomnia cycle twice in a night.

i finally did fell asleep, and got up at 830am, which is, really, thank God as my exam was at 9am.

i just must complain this out loud.

3 comments:

InkFlow said...

oh you poor dear. Hopefully tonight you can sleep peacefully. :)

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum Kak Adibah,

try reciting ayat Qursi 3 times, the 3 Kul 3 times (An-Nas, Al-Ikhlas, An Al-Falaq).

And then, try a short Selawat 3 times, and this:

أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللَّهَ الْعَظِيمَ الَّذِي لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْْقَيُّومُ وَ أَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ -

Astaghfirullah al-'Adheemal-ladhi la ilaha illa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum wa atubu ilaih

(I seek the forgiveness of Allah the Mighty, Whom there is none worthy except Him, the Living, The Eternal, and I repent unto Him)

I find it very relaxing, and lessens my insomnia. I used to have insomnia due to worries, anxiety, and doubts.

-adibah- said...

dyla: unfortunately, that night, it wasn't peaceful.

nana: thanks for the tips, insha Allah will keep that in mind.