July 28, 2017

hoobastank pernah cakap sebabnya adalah kamu

today i was asked why do i like you?

i found myself a bit dumbfounded at the question, having no ready answer to give.
should i be ever ready with an answer to throw everytime someone ask of me this very same question?

i had known that i'm not a person who are easily swayed by the outer appearance of a man, having had distasteful encounters with some men who only looks good on the outside, but with little to no manners to match God's given right to him.

so why do I even like you?
is it your look? is it in the way you treat me? is it in the way you carry yourself? or is it in the way you know your place on this Earth belonging to Your Lord?

if you had asked, i would have told you, i don't have a reason.

what is love when it is conditional? what is love if it's only a reason or many reasons? and what if the reasons are taken away?
of course, you are the many ways that make you who you are.

the many deeds that you do that make you who you are.
the many words that you said that make you who you are.
and the many smiles that make you who you are.
and the many angry moods that make you who you are.
and the many other things that make you who you are..
and i had accepted the whole of it without any exceptions.

As John Powell had written so elegantly;
"So do not ask me WHY I love you. Such a question could invite only the response of conditional love. I do not love you because you look a certain way or do certain things or practice certain virtues.

Only ask me this, "Do you love me?"
That I can answer: "Yes, oh yes."

what is love? it's about being there in great times, good times, boring times, difficult times, bad times and shitty times.

because darling, yer 'shekh ma shierakki ani' :)

p/s: hopeless romantic who would possibly make adyla gag.
p/s/s: and i'm writing so that i can remember. in case i develop Alzheimer's in my later years.

1 comment:

InkFlow said...

gagged by smiled nonetheless. Love without condition is beautiful. I am a realist through and through but that doesn't mean I disagree or disapprove of a romantics thoughts.