August 20, 2008

Quote

Holy Quran
{Surah At-Taubah (The Repentence) verse 129}

فَإِن تَوَلَّوْاْ فَقُلْ حَسْبِيَ اللّهُ لا إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ عَلَيْهِ تَوَكَّلْتُ وَهُوَ رَبُّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيمِ

"But if they turn away, Say: "Allah sufficed me: there is no god but He: On Him is my trust,- He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme!"


this particular verse is one of my favorite from the Holy Quran. How did I came across this particular verse? Well, I was reading Rashad Khalifa's paper on his work about intricate numerical pattern in the text of the Quran involving the number 19. He claimed that this verse and the one before it (Surah At-Taubah verse 128) are fabricated as it does not rhyme with the frequency patterns of multiples of 19. He quoted a hadith in which Ali was feeling restless and disappointed knowing that someone had alter the content of the Quran when the work of compiling it were being done.

now, i don't know if he was right or not, but this particular verse is beautiful and i simply love it. God suffice me. and, i know my friend Tiffany loves it more than me.

No comments: